What think you?
a fellow church member posted the following on her facebook page:
If someone wants to be a part of your life, they'll make an effort to be in it. So don't bother reserving a space in your heart for someone who doesn't make an effort to stay.
More that the post itself, I was surprise by the positive comments (9) and the 15 "like" that it generated.
I ask: What if the someone was in crises? What if she is too depressed to pick up the phone; what if that someone is your kid?
Is there no longer any cause to pursue friendship or to reach out to someone? Where is pardon/forgiveness?
I'm oh so thankful that just a few weeks ago two friends held me accountable when I got wrapped up in my own world.
...Oh love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
that in thine ocean depths its flow may richer, fuller be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain that morn shall tearless be.
It's so hard to not guard your heart when you've been hurt, but we are called to love recklessly. If we don't how are we different from the world? That said, love spurned is so painful and it can be immensely hard to forgive and even love someone who has hurt you deeply by neglect. Hats off to your friends who had the courage to talk to you before their hurt got too deep. We all need that grace from our friends.
ReplyDeleteYou show a lot of understanding. I agree with all you said.
ReplyDeletelove you, honey