Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fixing Leaks

Our water is off and our plumber, Eston Henson, is digging up the front yard. I am happy that the break is coming into rather going out of the house. We knew about a leak as we had a small marsh/wetland in the center of the front yard. Then Dad dug into the wet a few weeks ago to see where the water was coming from. Then we had a large birdbath or small swimming pool. Eston fixed the leak then found a 2nd one, so the job got much bigger.

I'm happy to say that I filled up containers with filtered water and also filled a couple pans with water. Finally, I keep a gallon jug of water under each bathroom sink. So I'm fine for a while.
I have my 1x/month cleaning ladies coming on the mtn instead of the river because of Super Supper, our supper club that will meet at our house this Saturday. They (cleaning ladies) are due in 30 minutes. They'll have to start with vacuuming and dusting; then we'll see!

Alysia certainly has it worse. On his vacation Bruce is digging up the Murphy field line in Maine. He's a great guy and a good sport but this is over the top. Word is that the Wilson kids are out of clean clothes and very dirty.

We're both having more of those moments that are not dull.

Back on the mountain, Dad, and for a while Debby are/were eating out of my test kitchen. For Super Supper I decided on Chicken Cordon Bleu, which is chicken breasts hammered thin then rolled around deli ham and gruyere cheese. We have tried three different versions, and we will be eating the leftovers for a couple more dinners. I'm afraid that by Saturday there will be nothing special about this dish for Tommy. Anyway, I'm sure it will be a fun time.

love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment