Instead we bought (and 6 or 8 years later threw away) heavily-insulated roman shades.
Then we installed a ceiling fan to move alternately hot and cold air.
We built a second home that has ceiling fans to move alternately hot... (you know the story)
We built a new room and a garage with his and her closets... his tools and bikes, my gardening toys and tools... they are a bit larger than our clothes closets, and much more fun.
Sometime in 2010, Barby suggested we build a bigger bathroom.
Dad mentioned that he'd like to replace the metal windows in our den.
Generally I figure 2-5 years between birth and execution of home improvement ideas
But... here we are after 20 years, on DAY ONE:
Hope we like it, 'cuz we're in it...deep.
'Course there is that metal window in my little office, so it seemed a no-brainer to replace it too. Right, Tommy?
Oh yes, there's another metal window. The one in the upstairs bathroom. Tommy, you do understand that we must do something about that too, right?
Meanwhile, by DAY THREE, things are showing promise in the den. You may notice that the trim looks new. The room had three different trims. We couldn't leave that the way it was. Course we found a little rotten wood; you can see the replacement door frame in the middle of the next picture:
One more last picture and one last story:
The den TV died a month or so ago. I suggested to Dad that we take the TV from that new room we built and put it in the den. Then we could get a bigger TV for the new room. THIS WAS NOT A 2-5 YEAR DEAL. I almost got whiplash Dad got me to the TV store so fast. Another view of the den:Thanks, Pops, and, I love you guys.
Hey Mom, there's a big hole in the Den! No wait... it's gone.
ReplyDeleteI think this is your best post yet! Loved the narrative :) CAN'T WAIT to see it in person soon. Jon and Dad really are a lot a like :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Jon posting in Debby's name. I assume when you say one more trip to "HP" you were going to "HD" instead of Hewlett Packard.
ReplyDeleteHP: NOT Hewlett Packard, Hamilton Place, Jon. Actually, greater Hamilton Place, which could include HD.
ReplyDeleteDad said: I heard the freight train coming, but I didn't see how long it was!
ReplyDelete