Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tea and Parties

I've been a little intimidated by the condescending attitude taken by many towards what is now considered to be a movement.

Well, I stumbled on an article which details surveys by Gallup and the Winston Group. (I copied 3 charts from the article.)

The bottom line is that people who identify with the tea party movement reflect the larger population more than one might think from listening to the news. The tea party group follows the general population by education, employment status, race and age. (There are slightly more men, and the average income is slightly higher)



Although 70% are conservative (30% call themselves moderate or liberal), only 49% call themselves Republican. The remainder are Independents and Democrats.




I went to the tea party meeting in Chattanooga last summer, and i strongly identify with what I have heard of the movement. And I think it is a healthy phenomenon--good for the country.

Don't let anyone tell you it is a racist group or a right wing group. It's just people who think the country has gone too far, and there's too much meddling in our lives.

love you guys


No comments:

Post a Comment