Thursday, March 4, 2010

Possum at the door







Fischer yawns... Is he trying to impress me... All in a day's work, grams, he brags.

You may know that the Chattanooga Resource Foundation for whom I worked and on whose board I sat for several years closed it's doors at the end of 2009. Tonight there is a dinner for all past board members to "Celebrate the Harvest". Dad and I are going... he's meeting me off the mountain. This info might not meet the standard of my weighty blog except for the... Possom at the door.




Even though Fischer likes to take over, it is clearly Tracker, who has "done it again". My dilemma is whether to just leave this animal until we get home tonight. Actually, that is no dilemma, as dilemma implies choice. There is no choice. I will stew and do nothing. I have no idea if the possum is dead or playing. I only know he is disgusting and I will not get involved.



As you can see, the possum relocates. Under his own steam? or has one of our pets moved it?
I once had a beautiful coat trimmed with opossum fir. It was probably the loveliest most fashionable coat I've ever worn. And here lies its descendent.

We had a wonderful 5 days with Debby and her girls. So proud of her running. Looking forward to seeing Alysia and fam as they pass through Saturday/Sunday. Then perhaps to Kirkwood for a weekend at the end of the month.

love you guys,
grams/mom/b...

oh yes, last weekend it snowed again, 7 inches. Forecast 64ยบ next Sunday. Come to our mountain and have it all.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...grose! Look at the teeth on that thing! Let us know how you decide to dispose of it - if it really is dead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that happened AFTER we left!! Sarah would have been seriously disturbed by that

    ReplyDelete